CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Apparently Deer LOVE Starburst!!

We went for a Saturday afternoon drive. We headed up to the grove area because we always see deer up there and the kids love it. This particular day we saw two pretty nice size bucks so Wade stopped and did this little whistle and low and behold both the Bucks came bounding over to the Posh mini van:) We had nothing in the van but Starburst so I unwrapped one and yep one of the bucks took it right out of his hand and ate it. So apparently they love Starburst. (It really is a shame that they are like pets. It was cool for the kids but it is really is sad)!

This is the first buck that came to Wade's window
This was the other one that came to the kids window!
At one point, the buck stuck his head in the window

and Elsie started screaming scared to death. At that point I said

lets get out of here. That too close for comfort!!


These are the bucks as we drive back by.


7 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

I'm with Elsie. I would crap myself.

Heidy said...

Oh, the deer in the grove. That is sort of fun that the kids can see deer up close, but it is sad that they are so domesticated. I'm glad you had a good time.

Kiesha said...

Isn't it so fun! I love feeding the deer up there, however one did try to come through our window and scratched the truck, so be careful!

Monica M said...

I would have freaked.

loriallen said...

Holy Cow, I mean Deer!!! That's pretty darn cool, really. The only time I've seen them that close is when I am trying not to puncture the bladder when I'm...gutting them. Sorry! They are lovely and delicious creatures.

Josh and Alison said...

I was wondering today if you were a blogger, so I tried to call you and you totally ignored my call. SHAME ON YOU! Any way, I found you!! Come see us!

Shemri and Gang said...

This is hilarious I have to show Rand! I am so happy you are blogging again.