CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 31, 2008

SPACE DERBY!!

So who knows what a space derby is???? Oooh ooh, I do I do!!



I got to experience my first little taste of Cub Scouts the other night. Porter had the Space Derby. Its like the Pinewood Derby thing but you make a little Rocket and then you race them on this wire thingy and they use elastics to propel them or something. Anyway very interesting. Wade learned quite a bit trying to make the little rocket. There is a lot more to it than one might think. There is sanding, painting, gluing, etc. We ended up with a pretty decent rocket. It won a few races. It was fun to see all the boys and Dads. In all actuality I think it is more for the Dads! Anyway Porter had a great time and really loves Scouts!! I truly can't believe I have to be involved in this whole scouting thing. I know nothing about it. Good thing I have my trusty Eagle Scout of a husband to help me out because I foresee a lot of scouting in our future!!





2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have never heard of a space derby, but it sounds and looks like fun! you'll be pro scouter by the time you get all your boys through the program.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Oh my gosh, Porter is a little mini-me of Wade! I am glad we still have 4.5 more years before we have to do scouts.