CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

PANIC!

The other day, I lost Rexton. I am not quite sure how you loose someone in your own house but we lost him. Wade's brother Nate stopped by for a visit and all the kids came to the door and gave him a love and yada yada, then went about their way. The two older boys then began to fight and punch each other and so I began to discipline them in my usually way, (calmly taking them to their room for a quiet time out, right!!) Anyway after a few minutes I am like Where is Rex? No one has seen him and we can't find him, I search high and low. I run outside and look, nowhere in sight. I am checking every nook and cranny trying to find him and yelling his name at the top of my lungs. The kids and I are looking in every closet, drawer, under beds, etc. After about 15 or 20 minutes, I am really starting to freak! I kept telling myself he has to be in the house somewhere. He would not have gone outside because it was snowing and he didn't have any shoes on but I thought I had checked every spot he could possibly be until I checkedunder the bathroom sink in the downstairs bathroom, and there he was......

(So this isn't the actual picture from when I found him, (Who had time for a photo?)but I tried to get him to reenact the scene. Very difficult for a 3 yr old to pretend to sleep! Funny!

Sound asleep under the bathroom sink. I swear I had checked there but it was the one place the only place in the entire house I did not look. I had gone in and looked behind the shower curtain but not under the sink and there he was. I was so relived. He woke up when I swept him into my arms and said, "I'm tired Mommy." Anyway, talk about heart attack city!!I think I physically shook for 10 minutes after I found him. You can't imagine the crazy things that ran through my mind, But all is well, all is well!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

so glad you found him! does he sleep under the sink often?

Tyann said...

Just when you think you've got your kids figured out, they pull something like this! It made me smile. I'm glad you found him. That fear is not a good feeling!

CamilleJohnFam said...

That is so scary! I've had several similar moments! The more kids we have the easier it seems to lose someone! I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog! This is Cammie Anderton Craw....just wanted to see how your doing! You guys look like your doing awesome!