CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Miami Sammy & Bahama Mama (long post)

We recently returned from a little trip to Miami and then on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. We had a grand time. We went with my sister Nicole and her husband Troy. I didn't get many pictures. What you see is pretty much all I took.
The first thing we did we when we got to Miami was to go to Miami Beach. There we rented these little G0-Cars. They are GPS navigated and take you on a talking tour of the area. They tell when to turn and what is all around you. You drive on the regular roads with cars so it was just a tid bit scary but WAY fun. I definitely recommend them. They have them in San Fran, San Diego, and Miami Beach. It was so fun to see Miami Beach area at night. We ate at a fun crazy restaurant. It was a blast.
The next morning we went to this air boat place. This was also a blast and a tid bit scary. We took a ride through the Everglades and saw a lot of Alligators, turtles, and other weird wild life. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable. He also had us hold one of his pet alligators. As you can tell by the disgusting look on my face, I was not that excited. But it really wasn't too bad.
After the air boat tour, we went to the Miami bay area and took the Millionaire's Row tour. They take you on a fun boat ride and all around the private islands and point out all these huge mansions and famous peoples houses. It was pretty cool.
This is the sunset as we left the port of Miami for our cruise. The cruise was a ton of fun. We really enjoyed ourselves. No major mishaps except for my hugely dilated pupils which made me look like I had big black eyes.(caused by a medicine patch I put on for motion sickness). They didn't go down for days which was quite fun having all that light penetrating my eyeball. :)
One of the days was at CocoCay, Royal Caribbeans private island. It was fabulous. The weather was so hot. We just relaxed and floated in the water on these little mats. Took it easy and enjoyed ourselves. I definitely could have used a couple more days at CocoCay.
Our last stop was at Nassau. Sadly, the weather was not so hot. It was really windy and not too nice. It was a fun stop. We mostly just shopped. We did however check out the big Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. It was nice but cost a fortune to do anything and the weather was bad so we did even entertain the idea. We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. We have however been getting pay back from our kids. They have been rotten since I returned and Elsie won't leave my side. Good Times though, Good Times!!!

12 comments:

Stacey Bacon said...

Looks like you had a blast! You look gorgeous Ash! Love ya.

Julie and Kyle said...

oooo, good pics! wade looks just like porter in that last picture- or vise versa. totally jealous of your warm trip.

Heidy said...

I am glad you got to enjoy some fun in the sun.

jen said...

I've driven past that airboat tour place a million times (maybe not a million, but quite a few) and never have been on an airboat ride yet. It looks like you had a great time. There's nothing like the Florida weather in the winter!

Monica M said...

Looks like a fun trip. Glad you got away with your hubby for a much needed break.

Andrea said...

how fun!!!

Bradshaw Clan said...

Oh I'm so jealous, sun and fun. I need a vacation. Looks like you had a great time.

Tyann said...

So much fun! You are so beautiful. I wish I was on the beach right now!

Sally said...

Wish we would have been there with you! How fun!

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

How fun! I'm jealous. I need your address for our Christmas card. IF I get them out! ashleyabegglen@gmail.com

CamilleJohnFam said...

So nice for you guys to go away without kids! John and Cammie Craw

Ryan and Shelia said...

I just wanted to wish you Happy Holidays. I hope your family continues to do great. Maybe we will see during the Christmas season.