CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Elsie
April 29, 2007
(I love this picture)
Wade had the privilege of delivering Elsie and taking care of her,
this is their special bonding moment. The Birthday Girl!
I can't believe it, Elsie turned one yesterday! Time has gone by so fast!! We had a little cupcake party for her. It was small and simple. She was so funny wondering what all the fuss was about. But she was actually a little grumpy, I think she is getting some teeth! I tried out my homemaking skills and made her a cake. (Am I crazy? yes) It was not fabulous but it turned out pretty cute! She seemed to like it and my boys thought it was awesome so therefore they think I'm awesome!! Yeah!! She had a lot of fun opening her presents as did her brothers. Little Rex just had so fun and has been pushing the stroller around with a baby doll in it all day! Needless to say he loves all of Elsie's new toys and thinks that they are his! My mom gave her the little white rocking chair. It was actually mine when I was little and had been put up in my parents attic and forgotten. My Grandma gave it to me when I turned one and my mom repainted and gave to Elsie so that was pretty cool. She climbed right in and loved it. I must say that we sure love this little girl and feel so blessed to have her in our family. Happy Birthday baby girl!!!

12 comments:

Julie and Kyle said...

oh my gosh! those are the best pictures ever. love the cupcake cakes, you domestic diva you! also love the one with wade delivering her. so cute. and the one with rex eating the cake. and pretty much all the pictures. very cute

Ashlee said...

She is such a cutie!!

Andrea said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Elsie!

You ARE awesome! I LOVE the cake!

Tiffany said...

She is so cute. I think the first birthday is the hardest, it's like their so big already!!

Shemri and Gang said...

She is so gorgeous, so glad we got to see you, we have to do it more!

Bradshaw Clan said...

Your cake is so cute!!! You'll have to teach me how you did it.

It's amazing how girls are so much different from boys. She is sure a cutie. It's a good thing she has 3 older brothers to take care of the boys when she turns about 14.

Ryan and Shelia said...

Elsie is adorable. Isn't it so much fun to have a little girl this age.

The Millers said...

Your birthday cake turned out really cute. My boys did the same thing with Blakes birthday gifts, they immediately took them over. At least someones playing with them, right?

michiganbliss said...

K, Martha. Love the cake. Is she really that old? I can't believe it. What a doll. Miss you

Sally said...

I had a great time with you on your birthday!! Love the pics and great job on the cake!!

loriallen said...

I think I need Elsie to come home with me!!! What a cupcake! So ya better hurry and get another one in the oven, you ain't get any younger!!! Sheeesh if you want 10 kids ya can't slack off! C'mon!

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

so cute wit her matching outfit! I love the cake - I need to try that out!